Amboseli Game Reserve
From: USD$ 200
“Home of the African Elephant”
Crowned by Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak, the Amboseli National Parks is one of Kenya’s most popular parks. The name “Amboseli” comes from a Maasai word meaning “salty dust”, and it is one of the best places in Africa to view large herds of elephants up close. Nature lovers can explore five different habitats here ranging from the dried-up bed of Lake Amboseli, wetlands with sulphur springs, the savannah and woodlands. They can also visit the local Maasai community who live around the park and experience their authentic culture.
Key wildlife to see include;
- Leopard, Cheetah, Wild dogs, Buffalo, Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Lion, Crocodile, Mongoose, Hyrax, Dik- dik, Lesser Kudu, and Nocturnal Porcupine
- Prolific birdlife features 600 species
- Large herds of Elephants
- Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Big Five
- Observation Hill which allows an overall view of the whole park especially the swamps and elephants,
- Swamp below observation hill hosts many elephants, buffaloes, hippos and a variety of water fowls like pelican, Egyptian goose
- Contemporary Maasai culture and indigenous lifestyle
- Transport by either Safari VAN or a 4×4 Landcruiser as per your choice
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi if required.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Extensive and unlimited Game drives.
- Excursions & activities as stated in the itinerary