Bomas of Kenya Tour
Bomas of Kenya is a tourist village in Langata, Nairobi. Bomas (homesteads) displays traditional villages belonging to the several Kenyan tribes.
It was established by the government in 1971 as a subsidiary company of Kenya Tourist Development Corporation as a tourist attraction. It also wanted to preserve, maintain and promote rich and diverse cultural values of various tribal groups of Kenya.
Kenya is a nation rich in culture, which is being threatened by increasing modernity. To combat the loss of this rich heritage, the Bomas of Kenya has put together a series of tribal cultural shows geared towards promoting her rich cultural diversity. It features virtually all of the 42 tribes in the country, coming together from diverse cultural backgrounds.
There are replica homesteads of different tribes built in the compound where visitors can visit after the show.
Bomas is a homestead and is located just 10 kilometers from the city centre with numerous homesteads reflecting Kenya’s cocktail of cultures depicting in a traditional village life style.
You will be treated to a rich traditional music and dance show at this cultural centre. The greatest excitement is the display of traditional dances, music, and songs being performed in a splendid area. Traditional dishes may be served as extras
A drive to the Bomas of Kenya situated off Langata Road 15kms from the city centre. This is an amazing set up that offers you a firsthand experience of the culture and lifestyle of many of Kenya’s tribal groups.
Enjoy the rich traditional dances, villages and handicrafts displayed at the Bomas of Kenya and view numerous homesteads reflecting Kenya ’s cocktail of cultures which have been faithfully re-created for visitors to see traditional village life. But the greatest excitement during the afternoon is a visit to the display of traditional dancing music and folklore songs performed in splendid arena.
- Price is based on per person and minimum 2 people required
- All entry fees, service charge and taxes
- Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
- Visit to Bomas of Kenya
- Professional English speaking guides.
- All vehicle expenses and driver’s allowance.
- Tips or gratuity
- Minimum of two persons required
- International airfares and airport taxes
- Visas, meals, any other sightseeing not included in the package
- Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport), optional activities