Tsavo East National Park
From: USD$ 200
“Theatre of the Wild”
Combined, Tsavo is Kenya’s biggest park and, at 22,000 km² (13,671 miles), one of the world’s largest game sanctuaries. It is particularly well known for its large herds of elephants and captivating landscapes.
The sight of dust-red elephant wallowing, rolling and spraying each other with the midnight blue waters of palm-shaded Galana River is one of the most evocative images in Africa. This along with the 300 kilomtere long Yatta Plateau, the longest lava flow in the world, make for an adventure unlike any other in the Tsavo East. The park forms the largest protected area in Kenya and is home to most of the larger mammals, vast herds of dust –red elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, lesser Kudu, gerenuk and the prolific bird life features 500 recorded species.
Key wildlife to see include;
- Elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, lesser Kudu, gerenuk and the prolific bird
- Other animals living in the park include aardwolf, yellow baboon, bat, Cape buffalo, bushbabys, bushbuck, caracal, African wildcat, cheetah, civet, dik-dik, African hunting dog, African dormouse, blue duiker, bush duiker, red duiker, eland, , bat-eared fox, greater galago, gazelle, large-spotted genet, small-spotted genet, gerenuk, giraffe, African hare, springhare, Coke’s hartebeest, East African hedgehog, spotted hyena, striped hyena, rock hyrax, tree hyrax, impala, black-backed jackal, side-striped jackal, klipspringer, lesser kudu, banded mongoose, dwarf mongoose, Egyptian mongoose, marsh mongoose, slender mongoose, white-tailed mongoose, vervet monkey, Sykes’ monkey, fringe-eared Oryx, clawless otter, ground pangolin, crested porcupine, cane rat, giant rat, naked mole rat, ratel, bohor reedbuck, , serval, spectacled elephant shrew, bush squirrel, East African red squirrel, striped ground squirrel, unstriped ground squirrel, suni, warthog, waterbuck, plains zebra and Grevy’s zebra.
- Prolific birdlife features 500 species which include African finfoot, Black-faced sandgrouse, Fischer’s starling, Golden pipit, Golden-breasted starling, Lesser kestrel, Martial eagle, Northern brownbul, Pangani longclaw, Red-bellied parrot, Rufous chatterer, Shelley’s starling, Slender-tailed nightjar, Somali bee-eater, Somali bunting, Somali ostrich, Taita falcon, Taita fiscal, Vulturine Guinea fowl and many more
- Yatta Plateau
- Galana River
- Mudanda Rock
- Lugard falls,
- Aruba dam
- Mzima springs
- Transport by either Safari VAN or a 4×4 Landcruiser as per your choice
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi if required.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Extensive and unlimited Game drives.
- Excursions & activities as stated in the itinerary