Tsavo West National Park
From: USD$ 200
“Land of Lava, Springs, Man-eaters and Magical Sunsets”
Tsavo West national park like its counterpart Tsavo east National park are the two national parks that form the great Tsavo National park. The park is known as “ Land of Lava, Springs, Man-eaters and Magical Sunsets”. Its popularity is based on the man eating lions that killed hundreds of people during the construction of the Railway line and the highway during the colonial era. Tsavo West national park is the second largest national park in Kenya covering an area of 9,065 square kilometres. Its separated from Tsavo East national by the A109 highway that connects Nairobi to Mombasa. The park is also a home of over fifty million gallons of crystal clear water that comes from under parched lava rock. The park is more scenic than Tsavo East national park with rouged mountainous areas. The Mazima springs and the Shetani lava flows are unique attractions found at the park. Tsavo West national park is wetter than Tsavo East national park. Tsavo West national park is more popular due to its scenic beauty that is characterised by the wide range of vegetation. The park is adjoining the great wildlife ranches where the Black and White Rhinos are found. The park is covered by the open savannah grassland dotted with Acacia woodlands, Scrublands, Rocky ridges and the Riverine vegetation. Its remotely located at the coastal province. It’s a home of all African big game especially the African big five.
Key wildlife to see include;
- Lions, Elephants, Buffalo, Rhinos and the shy Leopards. The other big game found at the park are: Giraffes, Zebras, hyenas, cheetahs, hippos, crocodiles, Gerenuk, Lesser Kudu, Waterbucks, wildebeests and others.
- Prolific birdlife features the rare birds like Corncrake, Basra reed warbler, secretary bird and many others.
- Mazima Springs
- The poacher’s lookout: a hill found at the centre of the park which gives you 360 degrees view of the park.
- Ngulia Sanctuary
- Transport by either Safari VAN or a 4×4 Landcruiser as per your choice
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi if required.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Extensive and unlimited Game drives.
- Excursions & activities as stated in the itinerary